Ponderosa Community Club
Our Mission: The Ponderosa Community Club's mission is to create and maintain a safe and welcoming community which enhances recreational and residential living through active membership participation, visionary leadership, and commitment to sustainability and harmony with the natural environment.


Association Manager

Needler

Governing Documents

Forms

 

Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
April, 2011

 We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements.  Our major activities for March are listed below.

Serving Homeowners

  • Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding fire permits, water leaks, bears and garbage cans, greenbelt encroachments, annual dues, septic systems, clubhouse rentals, greenbelt erosion, social events, fences, covenants, financial reports, and the weather conditions.
  • The Annual Member’s Meeting will be at Sunday, May 29 starting at 10am in the Clubhouse.  All members in good standing are invited.
  • Set up security guard service for the evenings of Memorial Day weekend.
  • Chelcie mailed the ballot to all members in good standing.  The ballot is for election of new Trustees and for one Bylaws change.  Please return your ballots by 10am on Sunday, May 29.
  • Please help keep bears out of the Ponderosa by eliminating their food sources:
    • Keep your garbage can inside.  Only put it out on Monday morning before the garbage truck, and put it away by Monday evening. 
    • Take down your bird feeders.   
    • Don’t leave pet food outdoors.
    • Keep BBQs clean or keep them inside.

Roads

  • We rented a sweeper and swept the roads.
  • On the gravel roads, we filled the potholes with gravel.
  • Added and/or repaired traffic control signs (Stop, speed limit, etc…)
  • There was a dead pine tree in the right of way on Saddle.  We had it cut down and removed the wood.
  • Removed the studded tires from the vehicles.

Ball Field Project

  • In December, members approved a ballot measure to upgrade Ponderosa ball field with a new underground sprinkler system, topsoil and grass.
  • Thanks to Bob Melson, Buildings & Grounds Committee, for coordinating the project!
  • Henry and Ken completed the work in April.
  • Once the grass is established, the ball field will be open – probably by July 1.

Water System

  • Henry passed the DOH Water Distribution Manager (WDM) examination and earned his   WDM I Certification.  Congratulations, Henry!
  • We found a major water leak off of Camp 12 Road. We shut off the water, notified the homeowner, and they repaired the leak.
  • Investigated a number of wet areas to determine if they were leaks or spring runoff.  Thankfully, most were not leaks.
  • Conducted the weekly review of water system.
  • Conducted monthly water quality tests and reported the results to DOH.
  • Provided Water Availability Forms, when requested by homeowners.
  • Turned on/off water for homeowners, as needed.

Water Mains Replacement Project.

  • The three main reasons for this project are as follows:
    • We need larger mains to provide adequate fire flow for the Fire Department.
    • The Dept of Health now requires water service meters to be installed on each service by January, 2017.
    • We need to reduce the amount of water wasted due to water main leaks.  Ken and Bill conducted tests in October to try and determine the amount of water leakage from our water mains.  The exact amount cannot be determined, however they estimate 23% of our total water usage in 2010 was due to water main leaks.  This amounts to 5.4 million gallons per year.  This water system was originally installed in the 1960’s.  We repair leaks whenever we find them, but many show no signs because they are buried deep underground.
  • We received questions on fire flow requirements from DOH as it pertains to Bill Schmidt’s overall design and Project Report.  Bill met with Mick Lamar and Mary to discuss.  Mick provided a letter which Bill will use to respond to DOH.  This should lead to DOH approval of the Project Report.
  • Bill continues work on the detailed design engineering.  When complete, this will be submitted to DOH for review and approval.
  • Copies of the report and maps are available in the office for members to review.
  • By May 15, we will be notified by DOH if our loan application for State DWSRF funds (1.5% interest) was approved.
  • We have begun work to obtain easements, as needed.  The original utility easements expired when the covenants expired in the 1980’s.
  • Provided update to the Board at the April Board Meeting.

Buildings & Grounds

  • Thanks to Lois Pendleton (Pendleton Design) who has donated her time to design and help implement a solution for the Clubhouse parking lot area that is blocked off to protect the Clubhouse septic drain field.  Planning is complete; implementation will be finished by mid-May.
  • Raked the playground area, fixed broken sprinklers, and got the grounds ready for Spring.
  • Sprayed for beetles and ants around the Clubhouse and office.
  • Washed the Clubhouse windows.
  • The piano in the Clubhouse was tuned for use at Social Committee events and for member use.

Greenbelts

  • New trails maps are available on the website and at the office.  These were created as part of the Riparian Assessment.
  • Cut downed trees which were blocking the trails on Aster, Balsam Root, and Lupine.
  • On Pine Drop, felled 3 dead trees and also felled 2 other dangerous trees. 
  • The wood from these trees will be used by the Ponderosa.  Our maintenance staff will remove it as time permits.

Financial Reporting and Management

  • Responded to questions by our accounting firm, Larson Allen, for their preparation of our income tax return and financial review.  The financial review will be available at the May Members’ Meeting.
  • Completed & posted March financial reports.
  • Made federal tax payments and transferred funds to specific accounts as the Bylaws require.

Homeowner’s Dues

  • Set up payment plans upon request by homeowners, in accordance with the Operating Procedures and Bylaws.
  • Sent water shutoff notices to delinquent members.
  • Shut off water to five (5) properties for non-payment of dues.

Support to the Board of Directors, Committees, and Others

  • Prepared for and attended the April 9 Board Meeting.
  • Participated in the evening Board conference call on April 28.
  • Provided documentation and information to the Board, as needed:
  • Mary and Chelcie prepared the ballot for Board approval.
  • Sent a letter to a homeowner regarding speeding.
  • For real estate issues – worked on six (6) issues.
  • We worked with Chelan County to get them to sell their lot at 25701 Camp 12 Road.  It is for sale with a minimum bid of $10,000. 
  • Attended the Watershed Committee meeting on April 23.  Provided input on Riparian Assessment letters, articles, and meetings.
  • Attended the Bylaws Committee meeting on April 2 in Everett.  Provided information and acted as scribe for the committee. 
  • Provided articles to the Needler.
  • Provided information, as needed, to the Nominating Committee Chair in support of their efforts to identify members willing to run for the Board of Trustees in May.
  • On a weekly basis, review status with Director of Operations.

 

 

 


Home
Board Minutes

Meeting Agendas

Financials

Ombudsman

Long Range Plan

Ponderosa Community Club
21100 Cayuse Leavenworth, WA 98826 secretary@ponderosacommunityclub.org
Washington State, USA

Copyright 2003 Ponderosa Community Club All rights reserved.
Back to Top