Current Board Minutes
Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
Your suggestions and ideas for improvement are welcome – please call or email me. Our major activities for April are listed below.
- Thanks to all who stop by the office to say, “Hello!” We enjoy meeting the Ponderosa members.
- Responded to phone calls, emails, letters, and served office visitors.
- Posted financial reports and other pertinent information on bulletin boards.
- Made contributions to The Needler.
- Worked with our ombudsman on three complaints from homeowners.
- Chelcie and I met with Rose Ann McRoberts, the Ponderosa website manager. Chelcie will be learning basic website maintenance.
Riata Rainstorm Damage
- The goal for Riata is to have the developers of the property above the Ponderosa implement changes so that there is no future flooding or damage. Also, we want to be reimbursed for our costs in repairing Riata Road.
- A meeting with the developers and Ponderosa representatives is scheduled for May 1.
- Met with the Department of Natural Resources on Monday, April 13 to view the damage. They are developing a plan of action and will keep me informed.
- Filed a complaint with the Department of Ecology. They made a site visit on April 14. They are developing a list of requirements for the developers and will keep me informed.
- The repair the upper portion of Riata will begin when we have agreement with the developers on work to be done and timing of repair.
- This issue will be covered at each board meeting until it is resolved.
Maintaining Water System, Roads and Facilities
Our maintenance team was busy preparing for spring:
- Repaired or replaced multiple water valves.
- Responded to numerous homeowner requests to turn on/off water so that broken pipes could be repaired.
- Cut down hazardous dead trees in the greenbelt.
- Started work on the swimming pool to have it ready for opening on May 23.
- Turned on the irrigation system and prepared the grounds for spring use.
- Swept the streets to rid them of sand from the winter.
- Assisted with the Greenbelt Committee workday.
- The Ponderosa office now has fiber and high speed internet. Next, we’ll look at alternatives and costs for extending internet service to the clubhouse.
- The Greenbelt Committee Chair and I discussed greenbelt maintenance needs.
- Continued work with the Cascadia Conservation District on the possibility of obtaining funding and/or onsite help to revegetate the riverbank to prevent erosion. Call the office if you want to participate.
Water System Projects
- Work continues with Bill Schmidt on implementation of the Emergency Water System. Parts are being designed and fabricated. Implementation is planned for June or July.
- The next step in the water mains replacement project is determining how to fund the project. We received suggestions from homeowners. Jeanne Whitlow is researching what monies may be available from different government sources.
- Bob Melson is coordinating with the painting company to schedule the painting of the exterior of the Clubhouse. Painting will probably be in June.
- Processed homeowner dues and deposited in Cashmere Valley Bank.
- March financial reports were sent for posting on the website.
- Chelcie and I worked with the LeMaster & Daniel accounting firm as they prepared our annual financial review and 2008 tax return. These are complete and are available in the office. We will bring copies to the annual meeting.
- Ensured compliance with bylaws for assessment funds
- The Capital Improvement Reserve is fully funded for 2009.
- Moved $100 water assessment per lot to the Water Improvement account.
- The 10% Maintenance and Operations Reserve is fully funded at $34,043.
- Renewed a CD for 9 months at Cashmere Valley Bank for 2.08%: $61,000.
Past Due Homeowner’s Dues
- Contacted homeowners with past due accounts to arrange for payment.
- Proceeded, at the direction of the board, with one foreclosure.
- Chelan County owns a Ponderosa lot and has not paid the assessments. They have committed to auction the property by about July 1, 2009. We learned that state law precludes the County from paying homeowner association assessments, so we will not get any of the dues owed since 1997 when the County took ownership.
Support to the Board of Directors
- Chelcie and I helped create the 2009 Annual Meeting Election ballot and mailed to all members in good standing. Planned for the annual meeting on May 24.
- Analyzed the 2008 expenses and prepared recommendations for the preliminary 2010 budget.
- Prepared for and participated in the April board meeting.
- Provided documentation and information to the board, as needed
- For real estate issues – worked on two property line issues
- Financial reports and issues
- Chelcie did a project to identify, map, and document all 23 properties owned by the Ponderosa Community Club. The next step is to determine if we should change the tax status to reduce property taxes.
- On a weekly basis, reviewed issues and activities with the Director of Maintenance and Operations.