Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding 2014 dues, greenbelt thinning/logging project, clubhouse rentals, weather conditions, and requests for local businesses that snowplow driveways.
Roads & Equipment
- Snowplowing and sanding continued through mid-March. Then, temperatures warmed and the snow melted off the roads.
- Replaced the starter in the Yukon.
- Prepared trucks for spring: removed snowplows, bed sander, tire chains, and studded tires.
- Repaired the small trash pump which had several issues.
- Provided support to Doug Pendleton, Tom Bartlett, and Bill Whitlow, project leads, for the commercial thinning/logging project which began the end of January.
- Notified membership of logging plans and status.
- Processed checks and correspondence with the mill.
- Reviewed and reported financials to Committee and the Board.
- Worked with Doug and Tom to locate a property line on Quarter and resolve a dispute.
- Received several questions from members about logging and flagging in the greenbelts. Referred them to Doug, Tom, or Bill.
- Refurbished and painted a picnic table that was abandoned in the greenbelt. The table is now in the river front park area.
- Repaired well #1 – The new bearings were installed.
- Repaired well #5 – An electrical issue was found and resolved.
- Repaired well #6 – Determined the started had failed. A new starter is on order.
- Reprogrammed Devar Controller - The lower reservoir overflowed, so the wells were operated manually while the problem was investigated and the Devar overflow settings were reset. Problem resolved.
- Geno attended the annual water system operator’s conference and training.
- Conducted monthly coliform water quality tests.All tests were satisfactory and were reported to DOH.
Buildings & Grounds and Swimming Pool
- Installed the new propane furnace for the swimming pool, which involved modifying the plumbing and venting.
- Installed a new heat pump for the swimming pool, which involved modifying the plumbing.
- Began the process to repair the damage to a clubhouse beam caused by woodpeckers. Filled the holes, applied wood epoxy, and installed ribbons to keep the woodpeckers away. When temperatures warm, the beam will be painted.
- Purchased and installed new locks for the clubhouse kitchen cabinets.
- Purchased and replaced two swing seats for the playground.
- Purchased new tool for cleaning ceiling lights, fans, and beams.
- In early March, used the snow blower on the clubhouse deck. In late March, moved the snow blower out of the clubhouse and to the shop for storage.
- Ordered and installed more pet waste bags for the clubhouse park area.
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events.
- Planned spring and summer maintenance activities for Buildings and Grounds, and communicated the plans to the committee.
- Created and published the February, 2014 Ponderosa financial reports.
- Reviewed the financial reports with the PCC Board of Trustees Treasurer, Stan Morgan.
- 2014 Month-end financial transactions and tax payments were completed.
- Completed gathering the information for our accountant for the annual financial review and 2013 tax return preparation. The accountant’s review will be available at the Annual Member’s Meeting in May.
- Completed the 2014 insurance review with Daryn Wilbur, Board President. Submitted changes to our NPIP insurance agent.
- Reviewed property tax statement against PCC owned properties list. Paid property taxes.
- Contacted members who have not paid their dues.
- Sent 15 water shut off letters to members with accounts 45 days past due.
Support to the Board of Directors and Committees
- Prepared for and attended the Board Meeting on March 8.
- Updated Vern Little & Daryn Wilbur with operational issues on a regular basis.
- Provided information to the Board on one real estate issue.
- Participated in a Board Executive Session conference call on March 25 regarding the dispute with RH2 Engineering.
- Provided information and support to the Nomination Committee.
- Prepared the draft May ballot for the Board.
- Participated in the Strategic Planning Committee meeting on March 29.