Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Brad Ulrich
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding 2016 dues, social activities, garbage service through Waste Management, updated group e-mail addresses for Ponderosa e-mail distribution, trail maps, road conditions, PCC road right-of-way boundary locations, Chelcie provided new Member packets to new members of Ponderosa.
- Chelcie e-mailed dues reminder to members with past due accounts, then made phone calls and finally mailed out past due invoices to member still past due.
- Provided information to escrow companies, banks, realtors, buyers, and sellers when properties are sold in the Ponderosa.
- Consulted with Integritech about current and future maintenance and upgrades to the water system.
- Conducted monthly coliform testing, tests were satisfactory and were reported to DOH. Test results are posted on the office bulletin board outside of front door.
- Rotated well usage between our six wells.
- Scheduled Ken and Geno to attend a water operator workshop to maintain certifications.
- Turned water on/off in the water vaults for homeowners, as needed.
- Performed water line locates, when requested by “1-800-call before you dig”.
Buildings & Grounds
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events and rentals.
- Routine maintenance performed on the grounds: garbage emptied, ice melt applied at walkway, parking lot and path to clubhouse cleared of snow.
- Purchased and installed LED bulbs for the clubhouse.
- Installed new door handle and deadbolt lock on clubhouse.
- Purchased the large truck that will retire the old plow truck next year.
- Provided the results of the trails survey. There is a copy available at the office.
- The committee has been working on finishing up the master trails plan.
Roads & Equipment
- The snow activity let up for the month of February so Ken and Geno worked on digging out the fire hydrants that were buried in snow.
- Sand was spread on roads and parking lots regularly with the warming and freezing trend.
- More repairs were made to the snow removal equipment and backhoe.
- Assisted waste management with clean roads and excellent traction.
- Ken inventoried current street signs and backup supply.
- Gravel was added to fill major potholes in roads
- Spur Street had run off issues which resulted in a soft spot where the road meets Camp 12 Rd. The area is surrounded with cones to keep vehicles off. The paving contractor has been notified of the situation and it will be dealt with after the run off. Geno managed to divert most of the water that was creating the soft spot in the road. Geno has been maintaining the portion of the road adjacent to the soft spot.
- Created and published the January 2016 Ponderosa financial reports.
- Reviewed the financial reports with PCC Board of Trustees Treasurer Shannon Stithem
- Opened another CD at GESA for the water loan repayment fund.
- Met with accountant to create a detailed amortization schedule for the water loan.
- Set up files and reports for 2016
- Chelcie continued to gather the information for our accountant for the annual financial review. The accountants review will be available at the Annual Member’s Meeting in May.
- 2016 month end financial transactions and tax payments were completed.
- Made the annual payments of 5% each to the Capital Reserve Fund and Road Paving Reserve Fund.
- Processed checks for the first half payments which were due February 15 th.
Support to the Board of Directors, Ombudsman, and Committees
- Updated Doug Barga & Daryn Wilbur with operational issues.
- Provided information to Members interested in standing for the Board of Trustees.
- Prepared for and attended February 13 th Board Meeting.