Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding 2014 dues, greenbelt thinning/logging project, snowplowing, clubhouse rentals, weather conditions, and requests for local businesses that snowplow driveways.
Roads & Equipment
- It finally snowed! Once it got started, it snowed a lot and it didn’t really stop for 3 weeks. We plowed and sanded the roads, and moved snow to widen the intersections and widen the cul de sacs.
- The large snowplow on the 1985 dump truck broke, in different places, on 4 separate occasions. Each required disassembling the plow, then we made repairs, and then we reassembled and put the plow back on the truck.
- We used the “backup” plow truck, the 1985 F250 pickup, while the big plow was out of service. The Boss V-plow on the F250 broke once and we repaired it.
- The sander on the F350 pickup broke twice and we repaired it.
- Please obey the speed limit of 15 mph. It’s a safety issue for icy roads!
- Ensured the roads were plowed & sanded on schedule for the school bus in the mornings and afternoons. Each Monday, we ensure the roads are plowed and sanded for the garbage and recycling trucks from Waste Management.
- Provided support to Doug Pendleton and Tom Bartlett, project leads, for the commercial thinning/logging project which began the end of January.
- Processed contracts with the mill.
- Met with DNR to review and receive approval for burn permit. Notified Fire Chief.
- Reviewed status and plans.
- Received several questions from members about logging and flagging in the greenbelts. Referred them to Doug and/or Tom Bartlett.
- Met with our engineers, Integritech, and made plans to improve lightning protection, investigate options to improve production in well #3, and update our cross connection control program.
- Ken and Integritech investigated a problem with well #1 and discovered a bad bearing ring. New one is on order.
- They also found and repaired malfunctions in the Devar controller, which controls all the wells.
- Conducted monthly coliform water quality tests.All tests were satisfactory and were reported to DOH.
Buildings & Grounds and Swimming Pool
- The hot water tank in the caretaker’s house caught fire. No one was injured and damage was limited to the tank. The cause of the fire seems to be that water was leaking inside the tank onto the electrical wires (beneath the panel on the side of the tank.) We bought and installed a new tank.
- Replaced a malfunctioning toilet in the caretaker’s house.
- Met with Buildings & Grounds Committee members and Social Committee to discuss increasing/improving storage in the clubhouse. Cleaned out utility closet.
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events.
- Created and published the January, 2014 Ponderosa financial reports.
- Reviewed the financial reports with the PCC Board of Trustees Treasurer, Stan Morgan.
- 2014 Month-end financial transactions and tax payments were completed.
- Opened a second CD at STCU for the 2011 water loan repayment fund.
- Made the annual payments of 5% each to the Capital Reserve Fund and the Road Paving Reserve Fund.
- Chelcie began gathering the information for our accountant for the annual financial review. The accountant’s review will be available at the Annual Member’s Meeting in May.
- Processed checks for first half payments which were due February 15.
- Sent reminders to members who have not paid their dues.
Support to the Board of Directors and Committees
- Prepared for and attended the Board Meeting on February 8.
- Updated Vern Little, Director of Operations, on a regular basis.
- Provided information to the Board regarding the dispute with RH2 Engineering.
- Wrote articles for the Pine Needler.
- Provided information and support to the Nomination Committee.