Current Board Minutes
Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
Your suggestions and ideas for improvement are welcome – please call or email me. Our major activities for February are listed below.
- Thank you for the warm welcome extended to Chelcie and me by a number of homeowners who have stopped by the office. We enjoy meeting the Ponderosa members!
- Responded to phone calls, emails and served office visitors.
- Chelcie updated the Ponderosa email distribution list with a number of new and corrected email addresses.
- Posted financial reports and other pertinent information on bulletin boards.
- Provided information for The Needler.
Riata Rainstorm Damage
- The goal for Riata is to have the developers of the property above the Ponderosa implement changes so that there is no future flooding or damage. Also, we want to be reimbursed for our costs in repairing Riata Road. A letter to this effect has been sent to the developers and we are awaiting their response.
- Paul and Ken will repair the upper portion of Riata when the snow melts and soil conditions are good.
- The board and I have talked to a number of county and state agencies about the development above Riata. We will be reviewing the permits issued for the project to evaluate if all conditions were met.
- This is a complex problem as many governmental agencies have jurisdiction and a number of private individuals (within and outside the Ponderosa) have an interest.
- This issue was reviewed and discussed with homeowners at the February board meeting. It will be covered at future board meetings until it is resolved.
Maintaining Water System, Roads and Facilities
- Paul repaired a leak in the water booster pump station and resolved a control valve problem.
- Ken and Paul repaired water leaks.
- Met with Paul and Ken to review plowing schedule.
- Enforced the no parking policy in cul-de-sacs.
- Began researching and planning for high speed internet access in the Ponderosa office and clubhouse.
- Worked with Nancy and Bob on the new floor project. It looks great! The clubhouse is ready and available to be used by members.
- Bob and Nancy selected new baseboard. Ken and Paul stained and installed the material and door thresholds.
Emergency Water System
- Work continues with Bill Schmidt on implementation of the Emergency Water System.
- We have received the engines and gearbox. Bill is overseeing fabrication of custom components at Springer Brothers in Peshastin.
- Reviewed project costs with Bill.
- As homeowner assessments were due February 15, we were busy receiving and processing checks.
- Deposits were made in Cashmere Valley Bank.
- January financial reports were sent for posting on the website.
- Chelcie prepared 2008 financial information for the LeMaster & Daniel accounting firm in preparation for the annual financial review. I will continue and complete this process in March.
- With the Ponderosa Treasurer, began the process of moving some of our money from Cashmere Valley Bank and Bank of America to INGDirect. This is to ensure that all of the Ponderosa’s money is covered by the $250,000 per bank FDIC limit.
- Created a 2008 Financial Summary and Cash Flow Report.
- Ensured compliance with bylaws for assessment funds
- Moved 10% of February deposits to Capital Improvement Reserve
- Moved $100 water assessment per lot to the Water Improvement account.
- The 10% Maintenance and Operations Reserve is fully funded at $34,043.
- Worked with the bankers at Cashmere Valley Bank and Bank of America to review funds and set up transfer agreement authorizations.
Past Due Homeowner’s Dues
- Chelcie provided the AR report to the board and me.
- Proceeded, at the direction of the board, with one foreclosure and one lien.
Support to the Board of Directors
- Set-up and participated in the February board meeting.
- Participated in the February board conference call.
- Provided documentation and information to the board, as needed
- For real estate issues
- Financial reports and issues
- For the proposed Water Mains Replacement Project
- On a weekly basis, reviewed issues and activities with the Director of Maintenance and Operations