Ponderosa Community Club
Our Mission: The Ponderosa Community Club's mission is to create and maintain a safe and welcoming community which enhances recreational and residential living through active membership participation, visionary leadership, and commitment to sustainability and harmony with the natural environment.


Association Manager

Needler

Governing Documents

Forms

 

Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
December, 2011

 We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities for December are listed below.

 Serving Homeowners

  • Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding snowplowing, sanding, water system upgrade project, future road paving, parking in the cul de sacs, ballot questions on the proposed new Bylaws and Operations Procedures, water leaks, and the forest stewardship plan.
  • Copies of the newly approved Bylaws and Operating Procedures are available on the website and in the office. Thank you to our volunteer webmaster, Rose Ann McRoberts, for keeping the website up-to-date!
  • Chelcie is preparing the invoices for 2012 annual assessments and will mail them by January 15.
    • The annual dues for 2012 are $615 and the annual water assessment is $285. Total due for 2012 is $900.
    • The Board has decided that can be paid in two equal parts: $450 will be due by February 15, and the remaining $450 will be due by July 15.
  • As we get more snow, winter sports are underway. Please remember:
    • Snowmobiles are allowed only on Ponderosa roads (not greenbelts.)
    • Sledding hills are located off the Aster Trail and also under the power lines.
    • Sledding is prohibited on all Ponderosa roads.
  • Also, pulling sledders/skiers/etc behind a motorized vehicle is prohibited on Ponderosa roads and on Camp 12 road. 

 Roads

  • Snowplowing and sanding the roads is our major activity now, along with keeping the plow trucks, plows, sanders, and backhoe in operation. 
  • If you’d like more information about our snowplowing policy, it’s available at http://www.ponderosacommunityclub.org/rulespolicies/snowplowingpolicy.htm
  • The brakes on the dump truck were repaired. Ken and Henry are repairing the sander.
  • The F350 needed a new tire and the plow lights were repaired.
  • The F250 defrost/heater was repaired.
  • Henry and Mary met with a homeowner to discuss a tentative solution for the drainage situation which results in excess water at Stirrup and Arabian. Plans are being modified. Work will be done in conjunction with the water project construction.

Water System Upgrade to New DOH Regulations and Fire Protection

  • The water mains replacement project is on schedule for construction this summer (2012.)   There are still many requirements and activities to complete before then, but if all continues to go well without any unforeseen issues, we should stay on schedule.
  •  
  • In the last month, the following major activities were completed:
    • Twelve (12) members granted the Ponderosa easements for replacement of the water main on their properties! This is a great help towards minimizing costs for the water project.
  • Thank you to Ronny and Lori Ingram, John and Laurie Miller, Josh and Nicol Northrup, Jeff and Andrea Lowden, Paul and Shawn Saline, Rick and Paula Leavitt, Rose Downing, Peter and Gage Ruffatto, Greg and Loren Hendrickson, Lavonne Daniels, Bob and Kelly Weissenfels, and Chris and Tammy Bryar for the easements!
  • The loan contract was signed by PCC and the State of Washington Public Works Board:  Not to exceed loan amount of $3,501,670.00 at an annual interest rate of 1.5% for 24 years.  This was approved by the PCC membership in September, 2011.

We submitted a Substantial Shoreline Development Permit (including a JARPA and SEPA checklist) to Chelan County – this was required because Saddle Road is, in places, within 200 feet of the Wenatchee River.

    • There are Chelan County “Notice of Land Use…” flyers posted at the office and along Saddle Road.

Bill Schmidt designed the water main connection between Lariat and Stetson. Lariat’s water main and meter vaults were upgraded in the recent past, so they will not be affected by this project. However, to avoid having dead end lines, our engineers recommend connecting the Lariat and Stetson water mains. They will be connected with a water main between the two cul de sacs.

  • RH2 engineering has the design engineering ready for the “50% review”.  Their work covers about 80% of the Ponderosa:  everything except Camp 12 Road and Riata.
  • Bill Schmidt is designing the remaining 20%. 
  • To review RH2’s plans, go the Ponderosa website home page at www.ponderosacommunityclub.org and the link for Water System Upgrade – Project Update December 23, 2011.
  • Met with Bill Schmidt, RH2, Ken, and Henry to review Bill Schmidt’s “50% review” designs of the new water distribution system. These plans are available in the office now, and will be put on the web in a few weeks.
  • There are over 100 lots in the Ponderosa in which the Ponderosa water service valve is on a homeowner’s private property. The valves should be on Ponderosa property.  As part of the water project and at PCC’s cost, we will put the new water valves on Ponderosa property and connect to the existing water service line.  In January, I will send a letter to every affected homeowner explaining the process.
  • As Bill completed his engineering along Camp 12 Road, we discovered we need 5 more easements for locating the water vaults. Mary is communicating with the affected homeowners.
  • Contacted Chelan County PUD regarding installing high speed fiber for internet connections during the water project excavation. This would be to service those areas in the Ponderosa which currently do not have access to fiber. They are reviewing our plans and our direct bury electrical lines. When the options and costs are available, they will be presented to the Board of Trustees.
  • The project will create a lot of excess fill dirt (5000 cubic yards.) We may deposit this dirt at the bottom of Riata to fill in the “dip” in the road and raise the road profile. This would improve Riata Road and help minimize project costs. Feasibility and engineering are underway. Mary will contact affected homeowners.
  • Copies of water project documents, plans, and maps are available in the office for members to review.

Water System

  • Conducted the weekly review of water system.
  • Conducted monthly water quality tests and reported the results to DOH.
  • Turned on/off water for homeowners, as needed.

Buildings & Grounds

  • Worked with the Committee Chair, Nancy Melson, to research options for protecting the clubhouse floor. We looked at annual maintenance, finishing products, and vendors. We plan to perform an annual floor maintenance (stripping and re-waxing) in January or February.
  • Installed new no-scratch pads on the furniture legs to protect the floor.
  • Cleaned the clubhouse for social events and rental groups.

Watershed Committee

  • Discussed the implementation plan for the Forest Stewardship Plan with Doug Pendleton, Watershed Committee Chair.

Social Committee

  • Marisha Robinson, Committee Chair, asked me to announce the winners of the Christmas Tree Lighting contest held on December 17. The winners were as follows:
    • Bruce and Karen Gates of 21502 Palamino
    • Tamara VanVleet and Chris Howland of 22101 Camp 12 Road
    • Honorable Mention to Roger Poier of 21807 Welch.
    • Thank you to all who participated!

Financial Reporting and Management

  • Met with the Treasurer to review:
    • November financials.
    • 2012 annual assessment invoice format and due dates.
  • Made federal tax payments and transferred funds to specific accounts as the Bylaws require.
  • Provided expense statements to committees for review against year end budgets.

Homeowner’s Dues

  • Contacted past-due members to arrange for payment so that accounts were current by December 31, 2011.
  • A homeowner avoided water shutoff by making their dues payment.

Support to the Board of Directors and Committees

  • Prepared for and attended the December Board Meeting.
    • Thank you to the Election Committee for counting the ballots: Gina Wilkins, Damaris Bartlett, Joni Wilbur and Kathy Little.
  • Provided documentation and information to the Board, as needed:
    • For real estate issues – worked on six (6) issues.
  • Updated Daryn WiIbur, Director of Operations, on a weekly basis.

 

 

 

 


Home
Board Minutes

Meeting Agendas

Financials

Ombudsman

Long Range Plan

Ponderosa Community Club
21100 Cayuse Leavenworth, WA 98826 secretary@ponderosacommunityclub.org
Washington State, USA

Copyright 2003 Ponderosa Community Club All rights reserved.
Back to Top