Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities for December are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding the cold weather, snowplowing and sanding, Clubhouse rentals, the water mains replacement project, real estate questions, holiday social events in the Clubhouse, and information on service providers for snowplowing and for plumbing.
- Thank you to the Election Committee which counted the ballots at the December Board Meeting. All measures passed except the speed bump proposal. Details are in the December Board Meeting Minutes (on the web & at the office.)
- Winter sports are underway and are being enjoyed by many members. Please remember:
- Snowmobiles are allowed only on Ponderosa roads (not greenbelts.)
- Sledding hills are located off the Aster Trail and also under the power lines.
- Sledding is prohibited on all Ponderosa roads.
- Also, pulling sledders/skiers/etc behind a motorized vehicle is prohibited on Ponderosa roads and on Camp 12 road. We’ve had some near misses – this is a safety issue!
- Snowplowing and sanding the roads is our major activity now, along with keeping the plow trucks, plows, sander, and backhoe in operation.
- If you’d like more information about our snowplowing policy, it’s available at http://www.ponderosacommunityclub.org/rulespolicies/snowplowingpolicy.htm
- We repaired the backhoe (transmission issue.)
- The mailbox kiosk on Stirrup near Arabian was hit by a vehicle and destroyed. The driver of the vehicle came forward and paid for the repairs to the kiosk.
- The mailbox kiosk at the top of Palamino was hit and damaged by an unknown vehicle. We’re in the process of repairing it.
- Please remember that parking is prohibited on all Ponderosa roads and cul-de-sacs year round so as not to restrict maintenance, snow plowing, or fire apparatus.
- Bill Schmidt attended the December 11 Board meeting with a report on the Water Mains Replacement Project.
- The detailed engineering continues. Bill provided a draft schedule which shows engineering completion in May. Prior to May, the plans will be available for member review.
- The surveyor has completed their field work and is drafting a detailed map of the water system.
- Bill Schmidt is running computer simulation models of our water system to determine the flow, pressure, and velocity given different variables. The modeling is needed to determine the correct pipe sizes and configuration.
- The Board discussed plans to provide additional communication to the members on the water project – including an overview, needs, timeframe, and costs.
- At the December 11 Board meeting, we also continued our discussion of funding options.
- We investigated the possibility of becoming a water district, which would give us access to the municipal bond market, but decided against this for the following reasons:
- The water district would be a separate legal entity controlled by a new Board of three water commissioners. It would no longer be controlled by the Ponderosa Board of Trustees.
- We would be required to bill homeowners for water use.
- We will investigate the feasibility, length, and phases of the project with self financing.
- Turned off/on water for homeowners, as needed.
- Provide Water Availability Forms when requested.
- Conducted weekly review of water system.
Shop Safety Upgrade – Capital Improvement
- The project was completed in December with the installation of the sheetrock and the plumbing trim out.
Financial Reporting and Management
- Completed & posted December financial reports & made federal tax payments.
- Provided reports to committee chairs on expenses year to date.
- Analyzed upcoming December expenses against YTD totals and the budget.
- Assessed finance charges on past due accounts.
- The Board was considering foreclosure on one delinquent account, but the matter was resolved with full payment by the homeowner.
- Released liens on two properties for which the accounts were paid in full.
- The Board is considering options with another possible foreclosure.
Support to the Board of Directors and Committees
- Provided documentation and information to the Board, as needed:
- For real estate issues – worked on fifteen (15) issues.
- We worked with Chelan County to get them to sell their lot at 25701 Camp 12 Road. It is for sale with a minimum bid of $10,000. For more information, see our website at http://www.ponderosacommunityclub.org/
- Continued work with the Watershed Committee Chair on two projects:
- Finalized the contract for creation of a Forest Stewardship Plan for the Ponderosa greenbelts.
- Met with the Chair and a representative from the Chelan County Dept of Natural Resources to discuss possible plans for riparian enhancements.
- Tracked receipt of the 112 Owner Acknowledgement Forms regarding the Ponderosa Articles and Bylaws.
- On a weekly basis, review status with Director of Operations.