Current Board Minutes
Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
Your suggestions and ideas for improvement are welcome – please call or email me. Our major activities for December are listed below.
- Thank you to all who participated by voting! The ballots were counted on Saturday, Dec 12 at the Board meeting and all ballot issues were approved. The detailed results are as follows:
- Ballot Issue #1: 2010 Budget – Yes 223, No 49. 2010 dues will be $799 per lot (The $799 includes the $100 water assessment.)
- Ballot Issue #2: Replace cement basketball court with new cement Sports Court – Yes 161, No 114.
- Ballot Issue #3: Replace kitchen cabinets and living room windows in the Ponderosa Caretaker’s house – Yes 208, No 64.
- Every month, we send out a short email with current information such as new items on the website, reminders of social events, and other fun items. If you think you are on the PCC email list, but you are not receiving these emails, please let us know! We are working with Northwest Internet to solve this problem which a few members have experienced. Please send an email to email@example.com if you aren’t getting our emails.
- Responded to homeowner’s questions and comments about snowplowing, sledding, and a range of other issues.
- Installed wireless internet and a phone line in the Clubhouse. These are extensions of the office lines, so will not increase our monthly costs.
Riata Rainstorm Damage
- The developer has offered partial reimbursement of the costs we incurred to repair damage to Riata Road. The Board has reviewed and we are in further discussion with the developer.
Maintaining Water System, Roads, Pool and Facilities
- Provided an orientation to our new employee, Henry Ohrazda, on the Ponderosa, our facilities, and our maintenance responsibilities and routines.
- We repaired a water main leak by the reservoir on Camp 12 Road.
- Reviewed the snowplowing/sanding schedule – we are fully engaged in plowing and sanding.
- Completed the annual service on all our equipment: backhoe, Ford F250 pickup, Yukon, and dump truck.
- Cleaned and maintained the Clubhouse on a weekly basis.
Water System Projects
- This month, we were required to conduct two water surveys for the project to increase the total number of “water service connections” assigned to the Ponderosa from 581 to 595.
- November financial reports were created and posted.
- Payroll tax payments were made by Dec 31.
- Analyzed and projected expenses for the remainder of 2009.
Past Due Homeowner’s Dues
- Contacted homeowners with past due accounts to arrange for payment.
- At the direction of the Board, began the process to file five liens on past due accounts, including the $500 lien fee approved by the Board.
- The Board is considering our options with one foreclosure.
Support to the Board of Directors
- Claudia Kuniholm has joined the Board of Trustees.
- Prepared for and participated in the December Board Meeting which included counting of the ballots.
- The Bylaws & Governing Documents Review Committee was formed. We are providing input to the Committee.
- Continued the process of reviewing old files in the office and discarding unneeded documentation.
- Provided documentation and information to the board, as needed:
- For real estate issues – worked on one (2) issues.
- For adherence to easement specifications – worked on one (1) issue.
- Financial reports and issues
- For the Title Research project
- On a weekly basis, reviewed issues and activities with the Director of Maintenance and Operations.