Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities for November are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding snowplowing, sanding, water system upgrade project, receipt of ballots, future road paving, fire permits, status of burn ban, ballot questions on the proposed new Bylaws and Operations Procedures, water leaks, tree cutting, the forest stewardship plan, and property management companies.
- There are copies of the Bylaws and Operating Procedures on the website. There are black-line copies, showing all the proposed changes, as well as “clean” copies.
- Please remember that ballots must be returned by Friday, December 9. They will be counted at the December 10 Board Meeting.
- I’m sorry to report that two break-in’s occurred last month: one on Shetland and one on Spur. In both cases, a back window was broken or removed to gain entry. Please report suspicious behavior to the Sheriff.
- Completed installation of 3 full-size fire hydrants on Lariat. They are tested and online.
- Replaced two leaking service valves: on Stirrup and on Camp 12 Road.
- Reassembled the second booster pump with new bearings and a new impeller.
- Conducted the weekly review of water system.
- Conducted monthly water quality tests and reported the results to DOH.
- Turned on/off water for homeowners, as needed.
- The snow season has begun! Snowplowing and sanding are our major activities.
- Prior to the snow, we prepared the F350, dump truck, F250 and backhoe for plowing:
- Repaired lights on dump truck and did maintenance on the sander.
- Added safety lights for visibility on the F350 and dump truck.
- Installed air rides (suspension), needed for the bed sander, on the F350.
- Installed plows and bed sander.
- Installed studded tires and chains, as needed.
- Henry met with our engineer to review and document a tentative solution for the drainage situation which results in excess water at Stirrup and Arabian. This will be reviewed at the December Board Meeting.
- In late November, the brakes on the dump truck malfunctioned. The truck is in Wenatchee for repair.
Water System Upgrade to New DOH Regulations and Fire Protection
- Completed and submitted to Chelan County the Substantial Shoreline Development Permit (SDP) application, including a JARPA and a SEPA checklist.
- Bill is finalizing the water main location along Camp 12 Road. Draft plan will be ready by early December.
- Met with the DOH Cultural Review Process representative. We toured the Ponderosa. There is an archaeological site somewhere along the river within the Ponderosa boundaries. The DOH will determine what type of monitoring requirements may be needed during construction.
- Met with RH2, Bill Schmidt, and Ken to review the RH2 draft 30% designs of the new water distribution system. Plans are being updated and will be available for review by members in mid-December.
- Worked with Bill Schmidt, the surveyor, and our attorney to complete and mail the easement documents for the new water main to 11 homeowners on Camp 12 Road. Easement will be recorded when all documents are returned.
- Copies of water project documents and maps are available in the office for members to review.
Buildings & Grounds
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events and rental groups.
- Discussed the next steps for implementation of the Forest Stewardship Plan with Doug Pendleton, Watershed Committee Chair. This was reviewed at the November Board Meeting.
- The next Watershed Committee Meeting is Saturday, December 10 at 1pm at Doug Pendleton’s home on Stetson Road.
- Walked the greenbelt trail near Shetland with a member who has volunteered to clear the trail of fallen debris. Thank you!
Financial Reporting and Management
- Met with the Treasurer to review October financials.
- Made federal tax payments and transferred funds to specific accounts as the Bylaws require.
- Contacted past-due members to arrange for payment.
- Sent a water shutoff letter to a homeowner for non-payment of dues.
Support to the Board of Directors and Committees
- Prepared for and attended the November Board Meeting.
- Provided documentation and information to the Board, as needed:
- For real estate issues – worked on four (4) issues.
- Updated Daryn WiIbur, Director of Operations, on a weekly basis.