Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Brad Ulrich
October through December, 2015
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding 2015 dues, clubhouse rentals, names of tree fellers, garbage service through Waste Management, updated group e-mail addresses for Ponderosa e-mail distribution, road project updates, trail maps, answered Member questions about ballot, and weather conditions and 2016 dues invoices which will be mailed in early January.
- Chelcie and Brad worked with Washington State Department of Commerce to close the water loan.
- New members joined the Ponderosa in October, November and December. Chelcie provided New Member Packets.
- Chelcie prepared and sent out ballots to all members.
- Ballots were gathered and placed in ballot box.
- Provided information to escrow companies, banks, realtors, buyers, and sellers when properties are sold in the Ponderosa.
- Responded to complaints on rule violations regarding parked vehicles in roadway.
- Provided support to Doug Pendleton with taking out an Ecology burn permit to burn the slash piles in the greenbelt near Lower Bridle.
- Geno burned and monitored the slash piles near Lower Bridle.
- Ken removed tree crossing Lupine trail.
- Received bids for the clean-up near Thoroughbred and Bronco. Waiting for 2016 budget approval.
- Working with contractor in regards to the water tower road from the water project.
- Water line repaired on Palamino.
- Conducted monthly coliform testing, tests were satisfactory and were reported to DOH. Test results are posted on the office bulletin board.
- Rotated well usage between our six wells. Well #3 performing very well after rehabilitation.
- Ken configured the MXU unit to work for reading the water meters and creating the reports needed.
- Turned water off/on in the water vault for homeowners, as needed.
- Purchased and installed snow stakes for marking hydrants and water vaults with snow cover.
- Performed water line locates, when requested by “1-800-call before you dig”.
Buildings & Grounds
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events and rentals.
- Routine maintenance performed on the grounds: garbage emptied, final moving and irrigation lines were blown out.
- Heater under clubhouse turned on to prevent frozen pipes.
- Met with members renting the clubhouse and provided information.
- Ken cleared the heavy snow from the clubhouse deck.
Roads & Equipment
- Roads, Ditches, Driveways and Drainage
- The paving crew removed the remaining equipment and will continue work this next spring.
- Road sand has been delivered.
- Paving contractor identified areas needing repair and will provide bid.
- Ken and Geno added gravel over areas that had culvert work completed.
- Exhaust manifold and turbo charger was repaired on the 2003 Ford truck.
- Filters ordered for vehicle and equipment maintenance.
- Vehicle and equipment oils and filters changed out and replaced.
- In November, Ken and Geno performed services on all vehicles and snow moving equipment. The dump truck, two F350’s, sander on the one F350, sander on the dump truck and three snow plows were inspected and repaired as needed. Replacement parts ordered and replaced.
- New flight chain ordered for big plow truck. (This is the part that acts as a conveyer to move the sand out of the truck to the spreader).
- Two chains were replaced for the F350’s.
- Trees that posed a threat to powerlines within the road right-of-ways were removed by the PUD.
- Dead trees within the road right-of-ways will be assessed by a tree expert.
- Created and published the October and November 2015 Ponderosa financial reports.
- Reviewed the monthly financial reports with the PCC Board of Trustees Treasurer, Shannon Stithem.
- 2015 month-end financial transactions and tax payments were completed.
- Sent letter to a financial institution in response to a notice of foreclosure of a Ponderosa property with back dues and assessments. Financial institution then paid back dues and assessments in response to letter.
- Transferred unused reserve funds for well #3 repair back to the M&O Reserve.
- Shut off water at two properties, dues were paid and water was restored.
Support to the Board of Directors, Ombudsman, and Committees
- Prepared for and attended the Board Meeting on October 10 h, November 14 th and December 12 th.
- Prepared the final ballot for Board approval.
- Started the process of changing the use of Ponderosa owned Saddle Street property to open space property to reduce property taxes to PCC.
- Updated Doug Barga & Daryn Wilbur with operational issues on a regular basis.