Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities for November are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding the cold weather, road maintenance, property encroachments, water leaks, and information on service providers for snowplowing.
- Please note that where Camp 12 Road leaves the Ponderosa to the south is a private road through the Standing Rock community. Ponderosa members may walk on the road but no motor vehicles are allowed.
- The Social Committee decorated the Clubhouse for Christmas – it looks very festive. Check out the Social Committee events in December http://www.ponderosacommunityclub.org/committees/socialcalendar.htm
- I’m sad to report a home on Saddle was destroyed by fire on November 23. Cause of the fire appears to be a faulty space heater. Our fire department extinguished the fire and was aided by Fire District #9. The fireman used the new fire hydrant we installed in October.
- Please remember to vote and return your ballots before the Board Meeting on Saturday, December 11th. Thank you!
- The Fire Department asked us to say, “Thank you!” to all who voted in favor of the Fire District #4 levy on November 4 – it passed!
- Winter is here and it’s time to enjoy winter sports.
- We began snowplowing and sanding the roads on November 20th.
- Please review our snowplowing policy on the website at http://www.ponderosacommunityclub.org/rulespolicies/snowplowingpolicy.htm
- Please remember that parking is prohibited on all Ponderosa roads and cul-de-sacs year round so as not to restrict maintenance, snow plowing, or fire apparatus. The road rules are at http://www.ponderosacommunityclub.org/rulespolicies/roadrules.htm
- We serviced all of our vehicles and ensured they were ready for winter use. Made some minor repairs to the dump truck and v-plow on the pickup.
- Installed new front tires on the backhoe.
- Inspected and repaired all tire chains: dump truck, back hoe, pickups.
- Before the snow started, we inspected the ditches along our steep roads for blockages. We cleared the ditch on the corner of Stirrup and Palamino.
- Cut down and removed dead trees on Bronco (1 tree), Stirrup(2 trees), and Spur (4 trees).
- Continued work with Bill Schmidt on the detailed engineering for the water distribution replacement project. This will take 6 months and is needed to create bid documents.
- The surveyor has completed their field work and is creating a detailed map of the water system.
- Bill Schmidt is running computer models of our water system with variables of flow, pressure, and velocity to determine the correct pipe sizes and configuration.
- Met with the USDA Rural Development to discuss funding the water distribution replacement project.
- While were replacing a water service valve on Saddle, we found the neighbor’s water service was leaking underground and the neighbor down the street had a broken water line underground. We informed the homeowners and the leaks were fixed.
- Identified a water leak on Colt in the homeowner’s water valve, notified the homeowner, and turned off the water.
- Repaired a leaking water distribution valve on Saddle.
- Turned off/on water for homeowners, as needed.
- Provide Water Availability Forms when requested.
- Conducted weekly review of water system.
Shop Safety Upgrade – Capital Improvement
- The septic system passed inspection and is complete. Henry and Ken did this work.
- The electrical contractor is nearly finished – electrical inspection was passed. We now have adequate lighting inside and outside the shop.
- Insulation has been installed and inspections passed.
- In December, the sheetrock will be installed and the plumbing trim out will be completed.
- We built storage shelves in the “new” storage area for our water system parts and other maintenance items.
Financial Reporting and Management
- Completed & posted November 2010 financial reports & made federal tax payments.
- Provided reports to committee chairs on expenses year to date.
- Analyzed November and upcoming December expenses against YTD totals and budget.
- Filed a lien on a property 90 days past due.
- The Board is considering options with two possible foreclosures.
Support to the Board of Directors and Committees
- Provided documentation and information to the Board, as needed:
- For real estate issues – worked on fifteen (15) issues. Board member Daryn Wilbur and I walked the greenbelts affected by encroachments.
- One of the issues involved working with Chelan County to get them to sell their lot at 25701 Camp 12 Road.
- Continued work with the Watershed Committee Chair to finalize the contract for creation of a Forest Stewardship Plan for the Ponderosa greenbelts.
- Continued reviewing, organizing, filing and archiving records from past years (1980 – 2006).
- Tracked receipt of the 112 Owner Acknowledgement Forms regarding the Ponderosa Articles and Bylaws.
- Sent three water shut off letters which resulted in the return of the forms without shutting off the water.
- On a weekly basis, review status with Director of Operations.