Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities for October are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding water system upgrade project, future road paving, fire permits, status of burn ban, water leaks, and water quality.
- Chelcie mailed ballots to all members in good standing. Ballots will be counted at the December 10 regular Board Meeting. Ballots must be returned by Friday, December 9.
- There are copies of the Bylaws and Operating Procedures on the website. There are black-line copies, showing all the proposed changes, as well as “clean” copies.
Swimming Pool, Buildings & Grounds
- The swimming pool, wading pool, and bathrooms were winterized.
- The irrigation systems for the ballfield and clubhouse park were winterized.
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events and rental groups.
- The heating system in the clubhouse quit working and the minor malfunction was repaired.
- In September, we completed the maintenance on one of our two booster pumps. In October, Ken started the maintenance on the second booster pump by replacing the mechanical seal. He found the impeller was cracked and has ordered a new one.
- We are in the process of installing 3 full size fire hydrants on Lariat. This will be completed in November.
- Conducted the weekly review of water system.
- Conducted monthly water quality tests and reported the results to DOH.
- Turned on/off water for homeowners, as needed.
- Completed the addition of gravel to Lariat to improve the road base, as specified by our engineer. This is in preparation for future paving. The road was watered, rolled and graded.
- The transmission (shifter) on the backhoe broke – this is an ongoing problem. Henry did a temporary fix.
- Henry met with our engineer to review and document a tentative solution for the drainage situation which results in excess water at Stirrup and Arabian.
- Repaired the bedliner on the F350 pickup.
Water System Upgrade to New DOH Regulations and Fire Protection
- Met with Bill Schmidt and RH2 in early October to review project plan and survey.
- Chelan County determined we would need a Substantial Shoreline Development Permit (SDP) for the water main work along Saddle Street. Bill Schmidt and I challenged this, but the Planning Director confirmed the ruling a SDP is required.
- Bill is finalizing the water main location along Camp 12 Road. Draft plan will be ready by early December.
- The surveyors have completed all the surveying. Please leave all stakes in place – thank you!
- Ken and Henry located water service valves for RH2 that were omitted from the survey.
- RH2 is designing the water main location and plans to have a draft ready for review by Thanksgiving.
- We need easements in two locations along Camp 12 Road for the new water main. Worked with Bill Schmidt to determine water main locations. Worked with 12 homeowners to explain the water main plans and effects of the easements. In November, the easements will be completed.
- Copies of water project documents and maps are available in the office for members to review.
- Discussed the next steps in the Forest Stewardship Plan with Doug Pendleton, Watershed Committee Chair.
- Removed some dead trees from the greenbelt. This is an ongoing process.
Financial Reporting and Management
- Met with the Treasurer to review September financials and the 2012 budget.
- Made federal tax payments and transferred funds to specific accounts as the Bylaws require.
- Contacted past-due members to arrange for payment.
- Turned off water to one property for non-payment of dues.
Support to the Board of Directors and Committees
- Prepared for and attended the October Board Meeting.
- For the Bylaws Revision project – updated the Bylaws as directed by the Board.
- Worked with the Board to create the ballot document including the budget.
- Chelcie created the ballots and got them printed.
- Provided documentation and information to the Board, as needed:
- For real estate issues – worked on four (4) issues.
- Updated Daryn WiIbur, Director of Operations, on a weekly basis.
- Wrote articles for the Needler.