Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities for October are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits on the status of the burn ban, bears, plat maps, burning in the greenbelts, dead trees along the roads, road maintenance, and information on service providers for snowplowing, septic pumping, and tree cutting.
- Bears are still active in the Plain/Lake Wenatchee area. Please remember that garbage cans should be stored inside a structure and should be put out Monday morning, not the night before. Be aware we live in an area with wild animals and take appropriate precautions.
- Created and mailed ballots to all members in good standing. Ballots will be counted at the December 11 Board Meeting.
Clubhouse, Pool, Grounds
- The Social Committee hosted a fun Halloween Party on October 26th ! Other monthly social activities include the Quilters, Book Club, Bridge Club, weekly Yoga group, and the MWF exercise group.
- Winterized the swimming pool and bathrooms.
- Winterized the playground irrigation system.
- Completed work on the Spur Road cul de sac.
- Smoothed Riata Road.
- In November, we’ll inspect and clean ditches and culverts as needed, on the steep roads such as Colt and Palamino.
- Continued work with Bill Schmidt on the detailed engineering for the water distribution replacement project. This will take 6-9 months and is needed to create bid documents.
- Ken staked the water valves and other significant items along Camp 12 Road and Riata Road. The surveyor is creating a detailed map of the water system.
- Continued working with the USDA Rural Development on funding the water distribution replacement project.
- Replaced a water service valve on Stetson.
- Installed the new fire hydrant (at the request of the Fire Dept) near the parking lot on Quarter by the playground.
- Reviewed annual reporting requirements with the Department of Ecology and also with the Department of Health.
- Turned off/on water for homeowners, as needed.
- Provide Water Availability Forms when requested.
- Conducted weekly review of water system.
Shop Safety Upgrade – Capital Improvement
- Building permit was obtained and the plumbing inspection passed.
- The old materials behind the shop were removed and will be taken to the dump.
- The septic tank is in place. Next step is to install the drain field and finish grading behind the shop.
- Obtained three estimates for the electrical work.
Financial Reporting and Management
- Provided input to the Board on 2011 Maintenance and Operation expenses for the proposed budget.
- The Board finalized the proposed budget for the ballot.
- Completed & posted October 2010 financial reports & made federal tax payments.
- The water service shut off letters sent to seven past due homeowners in September resulted in payment of dues and no water services were shut off.
- The Board is considering options with two possible foreclosures.
Support to the Board of Directors and Committees
- Met with the Watershed Committee Chair and a certified Department of Natural Resources forester to discuss creation of a Forest Stewardship Plan for the Ponderosa greenbelts. Provided copies of past Ponderosa documents regarding stewardship plans and other needed information
- Provided articles for The Needler.
- Reviewed, organized, filed and archived records from past years (1980 – 2006).
- Tracked receipt of the 112 Owner Acknowledgement Forms regarding the Ponderosa Articles and Bylaws.
- Contacted homeowners, answered questions, and updated forms as needed to reflect changes in address, etc.
- Provided documentation and information to the Board, as needed:
- For real estate issues – worked on thirteen (13) issues.
- On a weekly basis, review status with Director of Operations.