Current Board Minutes
Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
Your suggestions and ideas for improvement are welcome – please call or email me. Our major activities for October are listed below.
- Responded to numerous emails and questions about the October 10 Member’s Meeting. The November Needler has information and a summary of the meeting. There are no official minutes.
- Every month, we send out a short email with current information such as new items on the website, reminders of social events, and other fun items. If you think you are on the PCC email list, but you are not receiving these emails, please let us know! We are working with Northwest Internet to solve this problem which a few members have experienced. Please send an email to email@example.com if you aren’t getting our emails.
- Prepared articles for The Needler to keep homeowners informed.
- Responded to concerns by four homeowners about dead trees on Ponderosa property. Trees were felled in October.
Riata Rainstorm Damage
- The DNR has approved the completed work of Big View Ridge LLC -- designed to prevent future mudslides.
- The Ponderosa is concerned that the plan which was implemented may cause the instantaneous flow of water to be increased as it leaves the developer’s property and flows onto the Ponderosa. This could increase erosion on our properties.
- The Department of Ecology sent a warning letter to Big View Ridge, LLC that future discharge of water into the Wenatchee River would be violation of state law and subject to significant penalties.
- Chelan County is considering putting a NOCA restriction on the property which would prevent building permits to be issued for 6-7 years.
- The DOE has denied our request to require Big View Ridge LLC to obtain a Stormwater Construction Permit and installation of a stormwater detention pond – this is the long term solution we are seeking, and were hoping for this year.
- We made modifications to Riata Road to try and prevent stormwater runoff damage this winter, as follows:
- Deepened the road ditch
- Armored the ditch with large rock
- Installed some culverts
- Added top course gravel to the road
- Widened part of the road
- Banked one corner (as topography allowed)
- At the next Board Meeting, the Board will consider our options for further action.
Maintaining Water System, Roads, Pool and Facilities
- Completed winterization of the swimming pool area.
- We’ve been working on cutting down dead trees in the Greenbelts. In October, we cut down about 12 dead trees began cutting and removing the wood.
- Reseated the thresholds and improved the weather strips in all the exterior doors in the Clubhouse (part of new floor project.)
- Replaced one broken water service valve.
- Began work on the lower Corral and Saddle project: adding ditches on either side of about 150’ of Corral where it intersects Saddle, grading that part of Corral, as well as Saddle, adding some culverts, and cleaning out existing ditches and culverts.
- Dug up part of Palamino to investigate what appeared to be a water leak. We discovered it is not a leak, but ground water that runs during the wet months.
- Had the dump truck blade repaired/reinforced in preparation for winter.
- The Clubhouse and grounds are cleaned and maintained weekly.
- Replaced the posts on two mailbox kiosks which were about to fall over.
- Purchased and installed a “bed sander” for the new pickup. Previously, only the dump truck has a sander. The new sander gives us more capacity to sand, a backup in case one breaks, and allows us to sand roads that we only use the pickup to plow.
- Purchased studded snow tires for the new pickup.
- Graded Shetland.
Water System Projects
- Installed some of the parts for the Emergency Water System Pumping equipment at the booster pump. Installed the propane line and tank in the well field near the Caretaker’s home. The booster pump installation should be complete before winter. Well field #1 installation will occur in the spring.
- Conducted the monthly water survey for the project to increase the total number of “water service connections” assigned to the Ponderosa from 581 to 595.
- September financial reports were created and posted.
- Reviewed and finalized the maintenance portion of the 2010 budget for the October board meeting.
- Analyzed and projected expenses for the remainder of 2009.
Past Due Homeowner’s Dues
- Contacted homeowners with past due accounts to arrange for payment.
- Prepared recommendations to the Board to file liens on past due accounts.
- The Board is considering our options with one foreclosure.
Support to the Board of Directors
- Prepared for and participated in the October board meeting.
- Created the timeline for ballot preparation to meet the Nov 9 mailing deadline.
- Provided documentation and information to the board, as needed:
- For real estate issues – worked on two (2) issues.
- For adherence to easement specifications – worked on one (1) issue.
- For bylaws review
- Financial reports and issues
- On a weekly basis, reviewed issues and activities with the Director of Maintenance and Operations.