Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Brad Ulrich
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding snowplowing, sanding, trail maps, frozen water pipes, parking in the cul-de-sacs, water leaks, clubhouse rentals, referrals to local businesses that snowplow driveways, and weather conditions. Updated Waste Management about road conditions. PCC road right-of-way boundary locations.
- New members joined the Ponderosa in January, Jillana provided New Member Packets.
- Jillana prepared and sent out 2017 dues invoices to all members.
- The Annual Dues for 2017 are $687 and the Annual Water Assessment is $316. Total due for 2017 is $1003.
- Dues may be paid in two equal installments: $501.50 will be due by February 15th and the second $501.50 will be due by July 15th.
- Followed up with the grant for tree removal alongside Ponderosa road easements.
- Conducted monthly coliform test. All tests were satisfactory and were reported to DOH.
- There have been several frozen pipes this year because the frost line has gone deeper than usual.
- Rotated well usage between our six wells.
- The exterior emergency light issue was due to sensitive electronics at the booster pump station being affected by the heater in the building. Mystery solved.
- Accessed the water vaults to turn water on/off, as needed by homeowners.
- A failure with the Variable Frequency Drive control was brought to the attention of the Board.
Buildings & Grounds
- Buildings and Grounds Committee ordered the second and final chairs for the clubhouse.
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events and rentals.
- Clubhouse was deep cleaned.
- Half of the office floor finished.
- Christmas decorations were put away.
- New garage door was installed on shop.
Roads & Equipment
- Snowplowing and sanding the roads is our major activity now. This includes keeping the plow trucks, plows sanders and backhoe in operation.
- More information about snowplowing policy is available at: http://ponderosacommunityclub.org/rulespolicies/snowplowingpolicy.htm
- New chains were purchased for the large plow truck
- Large plow blade was damaged and fixed by welding.
- New road map illustration created.
- Piled snow between snow storms with backhoe.
- Widened roads between snow storms.
- Financial Management
- Created and published the December 2016 Ponderosa financial reports (which are the 2015 year-end reports).
- Archived 2016 information.
- Set up files and reports for 2017.
- Made federal tax payments and transferred funds to specific accounts as the Bylaws require.
- Began preparation for the annual financial review with our accountant. His report will be complete and available at the Annual Members Meeting in May.
- Thank you to all those who have paid the first half dues! If you haven’t paid yet, this is a friendly reminder that payment is due February 15th.
- If your address, phone or email information has changed, please update us with your February payment or e-mail us at: email@example.com
Support to the Board of Directors, Ombudsman, and Committees
- Coordinated with the Board as needed about one easement issue.
- Updated Louis Kimmel & Ken Paauw with operational issues on a regular basis.