Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Brad Ulrich
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding 2016 dues, clubhouse rentals, garbage service through Waste Management, updated group e-mail addresses for Ponderosa e-mail distribution, trail maps, weather conditions, sent invitations to new game night that will become a regular event every second Tuesday of the month, PCC road right-of-way boundary locations, Chelcie provided new Member packets to new members of Ponderosa.
- Chelcie prepared and sent out 2016 dues invoices to all members.
- Provided information to escrow companies, banks, realtors, buyers, and sellers when properties are sold in the Ponderosa.
- Notified Members about a cougar in the neighborhood and reported to Fish and Wildlife.
- Responded to complaints about rule violations regarding parked vehicles in roadway.
- There have been several water leaks this winter. Water was shut off and notified owners.
- Conducted monthly coliform testing, tests were satisfactory and were reported to DOH. Test results are posted on the office bulletin board outside of front door.
- Rotated well usage between our six wells.
- Turned water on/off in the water vaults for homeowners, as needed.
- Performed water line locates, when requested by “1-800-call before you dig”.
Buildings & Grounds
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events and rentals.
- Routine maintenance performed on the grounds: garbage emptied, ice melt applied at walkway, parking lot and path to clubhouse cleared of snow.
- Christmas decorations put away.
- Deep cleaning performed.
- Ken cleared the heavy snow from the clubhouse deck.
- Went out to bid on garage door repair for shop.
- Met with electrician about motion sensor lights for shop.
- Continuing to search for the perfect dump/plow truck that was approved by Membership on the ballot.
- Provided support to Bill Whitlow with soliciting feedback with a survey about the Ponderosa trail system.
Roads & Equipment
- There has been considerable snowfall this year, a lot of plowing happened in the month of January.
- Sand was spread on roads and parking lots regularly with the warming and freezing trend.
- More snow, more plowing equals a lot more repairs to all equipment.
- Purchased and installed a pre-owned “headache rack” for the white F-350 truck to protect the back windshield.
- Assisted waste management with clean roads and excellent traction.
- Piled snow with backhoe between snow storms.
- Cleared snow from the front side of mailbox kiosks.
- Widened roads between snow storms.
- Created and published the December 2015 Ponderosa financial reports (which are the 2015 year-end reports).
- Archived 2015 information
- Set up files and reports for 2015
- Met with Chelan County regarding options for the Ponderosa owned Saddle Street property.
- Renewed Chelcie’s Notary Certification.
- Began preparation for the annual financial review with our accountant. His report will be complete and available at the Annual Member’s Meeting in May.
- Thank you to all those who have paid the first half dues! If you haven’t paid yet, this is a friendly reminder that payment is due February 15 th.
- If your address, phone or email information has changed, please update us with your February payment or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support to the Board of Directors, Ombudsman, and Committees
- Updated Doug Barga & Daryn Wilbur with operational issues.
- Introduced Ponderosa Members to the Social Committee to start a second Tuesday of the month board game night at the Clubhouse.