Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities for January are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding the snowstorm, weather conditions, snowplowing, sanding, water system upgrade project, 2012 dues and water assessment, parking along the roads and in the cul de sacs, and referrals for local companies that snowplow driveways, sand driveways, and provide firewood.
- As we get more snow, winter sports are underway. SAFETY should be the TOP PRIORITY! Please ensure you and your guests observe PCC”s road rules:
- Snowmobiles are allowed only on Ponderosa roads (not greenbelts) and must follow our Road Rules: 15 mph, stopping at Stop signs, using turn signals, etc…
- We had a very near miss when a snowmobiler entered the road (without looking or stopping) directly in front of the snowplow.
- Sledding hills are located off the Aster Trail and also under the power lines.
- Sledding is prohibited on all Ponderosa roads.
- We had a 10 day snowstorm from January 15 – 25 which deposited approximately 6 feet of cumulative snowfall! At the maximum, we had about 3 feet of snow on the ground. We have about 24” – 28” of snow on the ground now.
- Keeping the roads open during the storm was our priority. When there were breaks in the snowfall we cleaned out the mailbox kiosks, widened the roads, and used the backhoe to move the huge piles of snow in the cul de sacs and at intersections.
- Since the snowstorm, the weather has returned to the early January pattern: snow is melting slightly during the day and freezing at night. The roads are icey and there are now some ice ruts, making for bumpy roads, along Colt and Stirrup. Please drive slowly and carefully.
- As soon as the weather allows, we’ll work to remove the ruts and further widen the roads.
- Repaired the backhoe transmission and the F350 snowplow.
- Please remember that parking is prohibited on all Ponderosa roads and cul-de-sacs year round so as not to restrict maintenance, snow plowing, or fire apparatus.
- Failure to comply may result in your vehicle being towed, at your expense.
Water System Upgrade to New DOH Regulations and Fire Protection
- The February PineNeedler contains an article on the water project.
- Found a water leak on Lower Bridle. Turned off the water and notified homeowner.
- Worked with Bill Schmidt on an engine modification to the emergency propane pumping system.
- Completed year-end water use records and set up new records for 2012.
- Conducted monthly water quality tests and reported the results to DOH.
- Received notification that a Sanitary Survey of PCC’s water system will be conducted by DOH in 2012. This survey is conducted every 3-5 years. Our last Survey was in 2008.
Buildings & Grounds
- Worked with the Committee Chair, Nancy Melson, on choosing a floor maintenance company for the Clubhouse. The annual floor maintenance (stripping and re-waxing) will be done in the spring.
- Cleaned the clubhouse for social events and rental groups.
- Discussed the implementation plan for the Forest Stewardship Plan with Doug Pendleton, Watershed Committee Chair.
- Completed the application for $1000 reimbursement from the Washington State DNR for partial funding of the completed Forest Stewardship Plan.
Financial Reporting and Management
- January is a very busy month for Chelcie with all the year-end reporting and preparation for 2012.
- Completed & posted 2011 year-end financial reports.
- Made federal tax payments.
- Issued 2011 W-2 and 1099 reports.
- Updated our standard financial reports to reflect the new budget.
- Transferred funds to specific accounts as the Bylaws require.
- Set up process to account for new water assessment and transferred funds to the new account.
- Closed 2011 files and set up new files for 2012.
- Began the process, with Official Payments, to implement credit card payments for dues. This should be in place for payment of 2 nd half dues.
- Created and mailed 2012 annual assessment invoices. Please return your first half payment by February 15 th – thank you!
- Agreed to payment plans upon request by homeowners, in accordance with the Operating Procedures and Bylaws.
Support to the Board of Directors and Committees
- The Board does not usually meet in January, but time-sensitive water project issues required a Board Meeting on January 7. Prepared for and attended the meeting.
- Worked with Claudia Kuniholm, Board Secretary, to submit our Annual Report to the Washington State Secretary of State.
- Provided documentation and information to the Board, as needed:
- For real estate issues – worked on two (2) issues.
- Updated Daryn WiIbur, Director of Operations, on a weekly basis.
- Submitted articles for the Pine Needler.
- Reviewed status of existing liens.
- Began review of our 2012 insurance policy. Reviewed coverage for rentals of the clubhouse.