Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
by Mary Cox
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvements. Our major activities for January are listed below.
- Responded to homeowner’s calls, emails, and office visits regarding the cold weather, snowplowing, sanding, greenbelt/real estate questions, garbage cans left out along the roads, vehicles parking along the roads and impeding travel, clearing snow in front of the mailboxes, and the snow/weather conditions.
- Winter sports are underway and are being enjoyed by many members. Please remember:
- Snowmobiles are allowed only on Ponderosa roads (not greenbelts.)
- Sledding hills are located off the Aster Trail and also under the power lines.
- Sledding is prohibited on all Ponderosa roads.
- Snowplowing and sanding the roads is our major activity now, along with keeping the plow trucks, plows, sander, and backhoe in operation.
- Please remember that parking is prohibited on all Ponderosa roads and cul-de-sacs year round so as not to restrict maintenance, snow plowing, or fire apparatus.
- Failure to comply may result in your vehicle being towed, at your expense.
- Water Mains Replacement Project.
- Bill Schmidt continues the detailed engineering, which includes the following:
- Running computer simulation models of our water system to determine the flow, pressure, and velocity given different variables. The modeling is needed to determine the correct pipe sizes and configuration.
- Preparing the Project Report for the Department of Health, which they must approve before the construction can begin.
- Bill met with Ken and Henry to review the detailed map of the water system created by the surveyor.
- Turned off/on water for homeowners, as needed.
- Provide Water Availability Forms when requested.
- Conducted weekly review of water system.
- Cleaned and prepared the Clubhouse for the various social groups and rentals.
- Replaced a defective coffee table, under warranty.
Financial Reporting and Management
- Completed & posted 2010 year-end financial reports.
- Made federal tax payments.
- Issued 2010 W-2 and 1099 reports.
- Updated our standard financial reports to reflect the new budget.
- Transferred funds to specific accounts as required in the Bylaws.
- Began work on the annual financial review which is performed by Larson & Allen (formerly LeMaster Daniels). They have prepared the Ponderosa’s federal tax return and financial review for many years. The review document will be available at the May Board Meeting.
- Created and mailed 2011 annual assessment invoices. Please return your first half payment by February 15th – thank you!
- Agreed to payment plans upon request by homeowners, in accordance with the Operating Procedures and Bylaws.
Support to the Board of Directors and Committees
- Provided documentation and information to the Board, as needed:
- For real estate issues – worked on fifteen (15) issues.
- We worked with Chelan County to get them to sell their lot at 25701 Camp 12 Road. It is for sale with a minimum bid of $10,000. For more information, see our website at http://www.ponderosacommunityclub.org/
- Attended the Watershed Committee meeting.
- Reviewed and provided feedback on the draft Riparian Report.
- Provided information in support of their presentation at the February 12 Board Meeting.
- Provided information, as needed, to the Bylaws Committee Chair in support of their first meeting to be held February 5.
- Provided information, as needed, to the Nominating Committee Chair in support of their efforts to identify members willing to run for the Board of Trustees in May.
- Submitted articles for The Needler.
- Provided a 2010 year-end summary to the Board on the status of the Title Project – i.e., Owner Acknowledgement Forms regarding the Ponderosa Articles and Bylaws.
- On a weekly basis, review status with Director of Operations.