Current Board Minutes
Ponderosa Community Club Association Manager Report
I am happy to be a part of the Ponderosa and I look forward to serving the community. Your suggestions and ideas for improvement are welcome – please call or email me. January was a busy month! Our major activities are listed below.
- Bob and Nancy Melson gave generously of their time and expertise to ensure a smooth transition for me and Chelcie. THANK YOU!
- Thank you for the warm welcome extended to Chelcie and me by a number of homeowners over the past few weeks. We enjoy meeting the Ponderosa members!
- Answered phone calls, emails and served office visitors.
- Posted financial reports and other pertinent information on bulletin boards.
January Rainstorm Damage
- In early January, we had a major rainstorm which dumped 8 inches of rain in 48 hours. This resulted in damage on Riata. Ken and Paul repaired the portion of the road used year-round. Repair of upper Riata (closed in winter) will need to wait until the snow melts.
- I am working with the board, our insurance agent, and others to develop a long-term solution to the Riata flooding. This is a complex problem as many governmental agencies have jurisdiction and a number of private individuals (within and outside the Ponderosa) have an interest.
- There was also damage at the bottom of the Saddle & Corral intersection. Paul and I met with a homeowner to review the damage and took actions to prevent further damage in the short-term. We will review the drainage in that area when the snow melts.
Maintaining Roads and Water System in Winter
- Met with Paul and Ken to review plowing schedule.
- Snowplowing and sanding were hampered in early January when the snowplow broke down. A new clutch was installed by a company in Wenatchee.
- Paul and Ken repaired water leaks caused by the very cold weather in December. Thank you to all members who called to report leaks!
- Worked with Paul and Ken to prepare the Clubhouse for interior painting and the new floor.
- Worked with Nancy and Bob to oversee the painting company and the flooring company. The new paint and floor look great! The clubhouse is ready and available to be used by members.
- The next step in the project is for Ken and Paul to install new baseboard and door thresholds. Planning and product selection are underway.
Emergency Water System
- Work continues with Bill Schmidt on implementation of the Emergency Water System.
- Parts have been received and Bill is overseeing fabrication of custom components for the Ponderosa.
- Reviewed project costs with Bill.
- Assessments were created and mailed by Chelcie and Nancy.
- Homeowner dues were received and processed.
- Deposits were made in Cashmere Valley Bank.
- 2008 final financial reports were sent for posting on the website.
- A new monthly report was created in a joint effort by Chelcie, the board president and treasurer, and me which will report capital improvement funds. We also enhanced the monthly income and expense report for maintenance and operations.
- Chelcie created and documented the financial reporting process.
- Contracted with LeMaster & Daniel accounting firm to perform the annual financial review again this year. Began gathering documentation needed for review.
- 2008 end-of-year processing and reconciliation was completed.
- Ensured compliance with bylaws for assessment funds
- Moved 10% of January deposits to Capital Improvement Reserve
- Moved $100 water assessment per lot to the Water Improvement account.
- The 10% Maintenance and Operations Reserve is fully funded at $34,043.
- Met with bankers at Cashmere Valley Bank and Bank of America to establish relationships and review funds.
- Reviewed maturity dates of CD’s and set dates for renewals.
Past Due Homeowner’s Dues
- Chelcie updated Quickbooks to provide enhanced A/R reporting to the board and me.
- Researched and prepared documents for the board to consider one foreclosure and one lien.
Support to the Board of Directors
- Provided documentation and information to the board, as needed
- For real estate issues
- Financial reports and issues
- Board member recruitment.
- Participated in board conference calls.
- Kept the Director of Maintenance and Operations informed on a regular basis.