Rules and Policies
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Winter Safety-Please Read
Winter is upon us, please take a minute to review this information.
If you RENT your Ponderosa home – You are responsible and to see that your renters have this information prior to coming to enjoy our community, you may be held accountable if not!
- Roads traveled by the school bus have first priority in the morning. The remainder of the roads will be plowed as soon as the bus routes are cleared.
- Sanding is a priority on Colt and Palomino. HOWEVER, it is wasteful to spread sand when the snow is falling, as it will be covered quickly and therefore of little use for traction. Therefore, unless there are extenuating circumstances, sanding will take place after the snow has stopped falling.
- NO PARKING on roads or cul-de-sacs! Our roads are so narrow that the plow needs every bit of maneuvering room available to keep our roads clear. Vehicles will be towed and impounded if they are impeding traffic OR the snowplows.
- Obey the one-way signs. When someone takes a short-cut by driving the wrong way on a one-way, it is a sure recipe for disaster, usually resulting in vehicles in the ditch, sideways in the road, or jackknifed. Since we only have one way in and one way out, it is scary to contemplate what would happen if the roads are blocked and emergency vehicles are not able to reach someone in need of help.
- Every effort will be made to keep the roads clear, especially during heavy snowfall, weekends, & holidays. Cooperation from the members helps our employees fulfill these obligations. To that end, it is imperative that all members and visitors abide by the following rules:
- Use snow tires during the winter season
- CARRY CHAINS! Make sure they are the right size, and make sure you know how to install them! (Yes, even IF you have 4 wheel drive)!
- Obey the speed limit of 15 m.p.h.
- If in doubt, stop and chain up before attempting to drive our roads. It might save you a tow bill, and will certainly save other road users a lot of grief and wasted time.
- Remember to use a lower gear when driving on ice and snow. Brakes are minimally effective on slick surfaces.
- Snowmobiles and ATVs should follow the road rules the same as vehicles, especially the speed limit!
- We are not insured or equipped at the Ponderosa to provide towing services!
Sledding is prohibited on our road system. There have been several close calls with out-of-control sleds and automobiles, and we certainly don’t want to have anyone injured. This has been a particular problem on steep hills, where the sleds aren’t able to stop. There are some excellent sledding areas available in the greenbelt. (The power corridor below Primitive Park Road and the Greenbelt just off upper Saddle Road are particularly good spots.) If you wish to sled, please do the safe thing and use them.
Ponderosa Needs Your Help
We’re in dire need of Committee chairs, co-chairs, and members for the coming year. Please read the NOTICE from the Ponderosa manager!
******* Board Meeting Reports *******
Minutes of Board Meeting December 9, 2017
Agenda for Upcoming Workshops/Board Meetings
Annual Members Meeting May 29, 2017
Latest Water Quality Report
******* Needler *******
Previous Copies of Needler
******* Miscellaneous Reports *******
Latest Association Manager Report
New Trails Map
We now have new greenbelt trails maps on the web site. All are welcome to hike these trails. To find out where the trails are use the trails map. Happy hiking!
Jillana has updated the New Member Packet – it has a lot of useful information. If you’d like a copy, please let us know.
Community Center Calendar
See Social Calendar
If you would like to plan a Social Activity for 2017, please contact the Board with your ideas. 509-763-0320.